A call for blogs about Rust GUI in 2023
This is a call for everyone in the Rust programming language’s community:
Let’s talk about GUI!
GUI in Rust is what you might call a “work in progress”. We are not GUI yet, unfortunately, despite the best efforts of everybody involved.
Still! There has been a lot of progress in the last few years, but discussion about it has been rare and scattered. As the end of the year approaches, I though I could take a page from the Rust blog and send a call for blog posts about Rust GUI.
- To GUI framework maintainers:
- What are you working on?
- How much progress are you making?
- What do you hope your project will look like at the end of 2023?
- To GUI users:
- What are you using?
- What are your pain points?
- What do you think is missing from the Rust GUI ecosystem overall?
- What would you really like to happen next year?
I hope to see a lot of discussions flourish, and maybe people will learn about projects or tools they weren’t aware of.
If there’s enough buy-in, I’ll write a summary of the posts I saw, to be published mid-january.
So get writing, and happy holidays to you all!